As part of its mission, Weill Cornell Cardiology's physicians and scientists are engaged in cutting-edge research aimed at understanding the cellular and molecular underpinnings of cardiovascular disease and developing new and better treatments for cardiovascular disorders. Our research program focuses on:
- Basic mechanisms underlying cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular genetics
- Molecular regulation of heart development
- Homing of stem cells during myocardial regeneration
- Understanding the molecular bases of cardiac arrhythmias
- Development of new and improved diagnostic tools and treatments for cardiovascular disease
To learn more about our research programs, please click on the links at the left.